Friday, October 15, 2004

Movies opening this week

Team America: World Police (dir. Trey Parker)
My review in Las Vegas Weekly.
My brother and sister, who went to the screening with me, were not nearly as impressed with this as I was. It's certainly not as good as the South Park movie, but I still found it funny. Wide release

Head in the Clouds (Stuart Townsend, Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz, dir. John Duigan)
My review in Las Vegas Weekly.
Charlize Theron continues the grand tradition of Oscar winners picking shitty follow-up roles (see also: Cuba Gooding Jr., Mira Sorvino, Halle Berry). To be fair, this might have looked like an Oscar-winner on paper (historical epic, star-crossed love story), but it just bites. Notable mainly for featuring a nice shot of Theron's breasts (not covered in blood as in past films) and a kiss between Theron and Cruz. That, of course, is like a minute's worth of a two-hour film. Opened limited Sept. 17; in Las Vegas today

No comments: