Saturday, December 16, 2006

Movies opening this week

Eragon (Ed Speleers, Jeremy Irons, Robert Carlyle, Sienna Guillory, dir. Stefen Fangmeier)
My review in Las Vegas Weekly
I have absolutely nothing to add about this movie, which rightfully should bomb at the box office and leave the trilogy it's meant to set up incomplete. But I do irrationally resent people like Christopher Paolini, the author of the books on which this movie is based, who wrote the first one at 15 and at 23 has legions of fans for his (apparently rather crappy) fantasy trilogy. Not that I ever wrote a fantasy trilogy or even ever finished any substantial efforts at creative writing, but it still sort of makes me want to deck the guy. Wide release

1 comment:

Josh said...

"The books are slightly better than the movie."

Wow, talk about damning with faint praise...