Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shark Week: Introduction

"Live every week like it's Shark Week."
- Tracy Jordan, 30 Rock

I'm always a little bit jealous of the blog projects launched by various people in which they take on a certain subset of movies over a defined period of time. I wish I had the free time (or better yet, were being paid) to engage in projects like watching all of the IMDb Bottom 100 movies or spending a year analyzing flops or watching a zombie movie a day for the month of October. But I don't, so I wanted to come up with a similar project that would take up less time - like, say, just a week. So here it is: Over the course of the next week, in honor of the Discovery Channel's venerable Shark Week, I'll be posting about a different shark movie each day. Check back starting tomorrow and running through August 2 (just like on Discovery) for thoughts on movies about sharks or featuring sharks or perhaps simply with the word "shark" in the title, culminating, obviously, in the king of all shark movies, Jaws, which I haven't seen since I was a kid. If all goes well, perhaps more theme projects will be forthcoming.

No comments: