Monday, October 01, 2012

Rocktober: Introduction

All across the country this month, radio stations will be rolling out their "Rocktober" branding, with concert events and "two for Tuesday" gimmicks and other cheesy promotions. Since I have no aversion to cheesy promotion, I'm also declaring Rocktober this month at Signal Bleed, with a whole month of posts about rock movies. Starting later today, I'll be posting about rock documentaries (or rockumentaries, if you prefer) and narrative films from the '50s through the '00s, with a mix of hits and album tracks (that is, classics and lesser-known films). Obviously "rock" is a loosely defined term, but in making my selections I tried to keep it to the core of the genre, which means no movies about jazz or country or hip-hop or electronic dance music. Just good old-fashioned rock n' roll, captured on film.

No comments: